Environmental Damage or Pollution
While we are increasingly conscious about the importance of environmental problems and their impact on the future of our planet, insurance companies are integrating these issues in their civil liability policies.
As a business leader, you must take into consideration environmental factors, especially if the activities of your company put you at risk. It is important for you to know that regular corporate civil liability contracts exclude pollution.
Generally, corporate civil liability contracts for pollution only cover nuisances with accidental causes, such as an explosion or a pipe breakage.
We distinguish the different types of environmental damage by their origin:
- A Permanent Installation
- A Vehicle – The risks mainly concern vehicles for the transport of dangerous materials
- A Service – Companies who engage in off-site activities (architects, design office, public works company, etc.)
- A Delivered Product – Industrials are responsible for some of the damage caused by the products they make
The risks for environmental damage exceed by far the standard corporate civil liability contract. Thanks to our partnership with specialized insurers, Lareau Insurance Brokers can offer you an excellent protection in this field undergoing rapid change.
Our corporate civil liability insurance for environment damage covers, amongst others:
- Sudden and Gradual Pollution (fire, explosion, accidental tank spills, gradual infiltration or chronic pollution)
- Physical injury or material damage as well as cleaning fees following an pollution claim
- Non-material damage such as loss of revenue or use (loss of merchandise stored in a restaurant cold room following the pollution of water by a factory fire)
Do no wait any longer! Make an appointment with one of our consultants and allow yourself to do what you do best, without any worries.